[Qgis-user] Edit disabled after filter querying a shapefile

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Mon Feb 29 12:42:03 PST 2016

Hi,
when setting filters to a layer (Properties -> General -> Provider feature
filter), it becomes uneditable by default.
If you like to filter data and go on working with the result, you better
not use the filter, but use the "Select by expression"-button (the yellow
square with the curvy E in the Attributes Toolbar.
Apply the same query there as you used for the filter, but then save the
selection to a new shapefile e.g.

In case you just like to filter out other data cause it is disturbing
while working with the attributes table, you could apply the query there
(left-down corner -> Advanced Filter (Expression) to just show the subset,
while keeping all features of the layer.

Hope I caught your use case
Bernd

--
Bernd Vogelgesang