[Qgis-user] Query or export related layers

damien stephens damien.stephens at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 21:09:24 PDT 2016

Hi Jonas.
I think it is pretty re ent, but newer version of qgis allow this
inherently.
Iam using version 2.14.2 and have a shape file linked to an excel
spreadsheet (using spreadsheet layers plugin to bring in the excel doc) via
an id field.
I can then just use the linked fields exactly the same way as normal fields
in the select by expression tool in the attribute window.
I can also categorise the styles by the joined fields.
Hope that helps.
Damien