[Qgis-user] 2.8 or 2.14

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 04:00:41 PDT 2016

I just rolled back my QGIS to 2.8 from 2.14.2 not long ago because I am
using it in a production environment, sort of, and plan on pushing it out
to users more and more. However I noticed some things about 2.8 that are
either; different, missing, or just harder to do than with 2.14 and I am
wondering if using 2.8 is really necessary.
As the GIS Tech for our department I use it to subsidize my Arc Desktop
Basic tools and map production. Everyone else uses it as a GIS data viewer.
My plan is to move us to more open source products and build/develop our
own services.
Anyway, I really liked 2.14 over 2.8 and just wanted some input on if it is
wise to use the Short Term Release over the Long Term Release. Does anyone
know when the next Long Term Release is likely to come out?
Thanks