[Qgis-user] Project relation - sci. notation

Chris Berens chris at mapland.co.za
Mon Jun 6 03:28:33 PDT 2016

Hi there,

I have a layer of homes (roofs) and a list of residents who are linked to a
home by the roof number.  The homes are attributed via a re-blocking
exercise running 1-31 and A-J, eg. 18G is a block. Within each block there
may be up to 100 homes, eg. 18G-47.

So under Project Properties I set up a relation called 'households' and
using the Identify Features tool I can view the members of a household by
clicking on the roof. Works great, most of the time.

When I click on an E block roof (eg 18E-23) it returns all 291 XXE-XX
residents on the list.  It appears to me as if the relation is reading the
values as scientific notation numeric values instead of the declared text
status in both files.

I have an *Attribute table* in the a *Composer* window in the same *project*
that references the same relation perfectly, ie it only returns the
residents particular to eg 18E23.  So is the *Identify Features* tool using
a different select rule set or parameters?

I have tried to search for a previous thread on this topic without success.
The pain would appear to be for me alone, but can anyone suggest a way of
defining a relation to avoid this?

FWIW I'm using 2.14.3-64bit on Win7, this behaviour is true for sqlite and
shp formats.

Thank you for your attention,
Chris

Chris Berens, GISc