[Qgis-user] Topographic Database designs?

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 04:31:56 PDT 2016

Ok so not really a QGIS question per say but I figured someone in this
group would have some thoughts.
I found out that neither my employer, region, or province has a topographic
database standards or any type of standardization of features. I did some
google searches to try and fine a generic topographic database standard I
could work from but didn't find anything as of yet of any real use. I know
there is the old LRIS Feature Codes list from the CARIS days I could
probably commandeer because no one seems to use it any more.
Anyway has anyone developed a topographic standard of features and feature
codes? Any advice and resources you could direct me to?
Thanks