[Qgis-user] Link Point Layer (imported from csv file) and Map - QGIS 2.14.3-Essen (not self compiled) on Win 7

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Sat Jun 11 17:21:43 PDT 2016

Try two things:

First - Use the QuickMapServices Plugin.
1. Go to PLugins -> Manage and Install -> Search for QuickMapServices.
2. Once installed Go to Settings in the plugin -> More services -> get
Contributed Pack (and now you have Google Maps).

Once you pull up a map make sure your "Enabled on the Fly CRS
Transformation" is on
1. Click in the lower right of QGIS and click where you see EPSG:4326
2. Make sure "Enabled on the Fly CRS Transformation"

Hopefully everything lines up. I may be entirely wrong but I don't think
OpenLayers has been updated in a bit.

Randy

On 06/11/2016 04:07 PM, CheVeyo20 wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> I tried the tutorial from this page
>
> http://www.qgistutorials.com/en/docs/importing_spreadsheets_csv.html
>
> My goal ist to put a few geo points from a csv file on a front layer
> and in the background layer i would like to have a world map.
>
> The import of the csv file does work, also the right interpretion of
> my long and lat data, so far so good ;)
> But the i tried to load a earth map with the plugin "OpenLayers
> plugin". First of all the google maps do not work and the whole screen
> stays white, only the "bing aerial" does show a correct result. Thats
> my first issues, why do not work the other maps? Is it a bug or am i
> doing something wrong?
>

> The second thing: my imported points from the csv file and the bing
> aerial do not match each other in their zooming! When i zoom on the
> bing aerial all the points a reduced to one point somewhere in the
> south atlantic!? I used WGS 84 as a geo reference system.. How can i
> fix it?
>

> greets
>
> CheVeyo from Germany

Randal Hale