[Qgis-user] How to import/convert *.ige files

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 08:26:35 PDT 2016

The file should come with a .img file - as noted in a stack exchange
answer, "The ige file is just an indexing file to address large files that
exceed 32bit addressing space. The file that you work with is the img." (
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/55299/mysterious-problems-with-ige-file
)

For NLCD 2011 data, I just drag and drop the IMG file into QGIS, and it
opens right away, with the appropriate color pallet and such.  If that
doesn't work, maybe try re-downloading, as sometimes if a giant download
gets interrupted it could lead to the file getting corrupted.

Hope that helps!
Mike