[Qgis-user] OSGeo Account

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Jun 15 09:57:28 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 01:26:58PM +0100, Richard McDonnell wrote:
> Afternoon all,
> I have no issue sharing the Mantra, my only concern was, and there
> is no offence meant here, was the person legitimate.
> Are we saying that anyone who contacts the qgis-user looking for a
> mantra can be given one? If that's the case, I have no problem with
> it, Just would like it clarified that's all.

The "mantra sharing rules" are not written in stone.

Online identity checking is usually the best way, but a short
private interview could also do. Email verification is also
important.

In any case, as we made the service less fragile to spam attacks,
the rules can also be relaxed.  Shall a new spammer be found, the mantra
can be changed.

--strk;