[Qgis-user] How do you all upload your webmaps?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Jun 19 04:14:09 PDT 2016

Hi Tom,

I personally use SCP/SFTP, as I use a Linux/Apache server combination.

There are so many ways to deploy the generated web map, that I
personally think, you shouldn't include this in the plugin. For the same
reason, QGIS web client doesn't have a deploy script. There are too many
combinations of OS/Web server to deal with. Always someone will have a
different configuration - as the mailing lists show.

It shouldn't be a big hurdle for the user to copy a folder over to the
webserver. Maybe a message that the folder needs to be uploaded to the
webserver should be enough.

This is just my personal opinion. If there happens to be a common,
preferred way, it may still be worth having the upload/deployment
implemented by the plugins.

Curious to see what other people think.

Andreas