[Qgis-user] (poor) performance loading postgis layers in qgis-server 2.8 ltr + postgis 2.1 + lizmap web-client

Daniel Vicente Lühr Sierra dluhr at ieee.org
Tue Jun 21 07:29:10 PDT 2016

Hi,

It is my first time at setting up a postgres/PostGIS db for storing
"serious" data (previously, I had only tested if it worked, with a
couple of small data tables).

When testing the web-client (lizmap) installation I noticed that the
sample data loaded pretty fast, but when I tried a project containing 2
vector layers stored in the database, one very small, the second one was
originally a ~30Mb shape file, the loading process for the 2 layers is
noticeable, and reading the attribute table of the big vector layer
(only 20 rows and 10 fields) takes ages (actually, I wasn't able to wait
for it to load).

I did some "google" research and found out that there might be some
performance issues on qgis-server when accessing postgresql layer, or it
could be that the performance of the db is low (I haven't run the tuning
utility, yet).

Any ideas on how to hunt down this performance issue? May it be an issue
with the web-client, also?

Btw, everything is running locally on a VM for now, although the final
deployment will be on "real" hardware.

Thanks

--
Daniel Vicente Lühr Sierra