[Qgis-user] (poor) performance loading postgis layers in qgis-server 2.8 ltr + postgis 2.1 + lizmap web-client

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 07:37:39 PDT 2016

Hi,
please see that thread [0]
I suggest you first upgrade qgis server to last 2.14.3.
Then we still have issues with big relational views, not tables - for first
getcapabilities generation (ie first load for a session).
You can also check your postgres logs to look at what queries are sent to
PG and then tune your pg server based on those queries.
Please keep us informed of how it works, we have the very same concerns.
[0]
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Server-performance-questions-td5252233i20.html#a5268188

> Hi,
>
> It is my first time at setting up a postgres/PostGIS db for storing
> "serious" data (previously, I had only tested if it worked, with a couple
> of small data tables).
>
> When testing the web-client (lizmap) installation I noticed that the
> sample data loaded pretty fast, but when I tried a project containing 2
> vector layers stored in the database, one very small, the second one was
> originally a ~30Mb shape file, the loading process for the 2 layers is
> noticeable, and reading the attribute table of the big vector layer (only
> 20 rows and 10 fields) takes ages (actually, I wasn't able to wait for it
> to load).
>
> I did some "google" research and found out that there might be some
> performance issues on qgis-server when accessing postgresql layer, or it
> could be that the performance of the db is low (I haven't run the tuning
> utility, yet).
>
> Any ideas on how to hunt down this performance issue? May it be an issue
> with the web-client, also?
>
> Btw, everything is running locally on a VM for now, although the final
> deployment will be on "real" hardware.
> Thanks
>
> --
> Daniel Vicente Lühr Sierra
> IEEE Member
> IEEE Student Branch Counselor - Universidad Austral de Chile

Régis Haubourg

Attention, changement d'adresse mail!
Mon adresse principale devient désormais regis.haubourg at gmail.com