[Qgis-user] Offline Editing: Call for testing (QGIS 2.16)

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Jun 22 02:13:08 PDT 2016

Dear offline editing users,

I am happy to be sponsored by the QGIS project to fix bugs for the
upcoming 2.16 release.

In this process I just fixed a bug in offline editing [1] where
attribute changes were performed on the wrong feature after
synchronization with the online layer.

I think that the code was completely broken before and that it has been
impossible to correctly edit attributes in an offline project. In this
case however I wonder why there have not been more issue reports. Either
nobody used it. Or nobody reported. Or (my fear) this was a local issue
and offline editing is now broken under previously working conditions.

If you use offline editing, please be so kind and test tomorrows nightly
build and report any issues you find. I'll be happy to ship the next
version of QGIS with a much improved offline editing support.

Thank you for your help
Matthias

[1] https://hub.qgis.org/issues/14727