[Qgis-user] Offline Editing: Call for testing (QGIS 2.16)

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 05:16:31 PDT 2016

> Hi Luigi
>
> On 06/23/2016 09:43 AM, Luigi Pirelli wrote:
> > Hi Mathias,
> >
> > seems that offline editing is used (I don't know heavily or not) but
> > enough to do bug fixing on demand, so I'm wondering this problems
> > weren't reported.
>
> The one problem which was reported is solved now.
>
> > In Boundless we have a couple of manual tests about offlineplugin
> > against a geoserver WFS to prevent regression on what was fixed, btw
> > as said by Alessandro, would be great to develop some automatic tests.
>
> I'll be happy to get the results from your tests!

Unfortunately the QA tests in Boundless only tested the issues reported on
hub that I've fixed two month ago and only the insert new feature
operation, that's why they didn't catch the attribute edit error.

In general, I think that the offline editing was not usable due to crashes,
now it seems in a much better shape (thank you for the fixes!).

BTW, I'm testing WFS-T offline editing and it's broken: I cannot even
convert the project to offline, I only get a small number of the available
features.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it