[Qgis-user] QGis not running windows 7

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Mon Jun 27 05:33:01 PDT 2016

Hi,
Are you having other issues with Windows?  Is this a very old windows installation?  If so, you could try a reinstall of Windows if it's a few years old as a very last resort.
Before that, make sure you don't have an antivirus (or other anti-spyware) software running during the installation and when you start Qgis.  You could also try the other Qgis installation.
 So when QGIS starts, you see the splash screen and then nothing? No error messages?
Did you remove the hidden folders for all the users including admin?  Do you have an accent or spaces in your users name or user path? Apart from that, I am not sure.  If none of that works, I would repost and ask if there is a crash log being created.  That could help the developers figure it out.
Good luck
Nicolas