[Qgis-user] regularly spaced address markers on alternating side of road

Dan Jacobson jidanni at jidanni.org
Tue Jun 28 23:38:52 PDT 2016

Thanks. The idea is every 25 meters there should be a (proposed) house
number (location) on the left, then one on the right, left, etc.
Making for a total of 20 + 20 = 40 per kilometer.
Sort of like what I did with GRASS years ago
http://jidanni.org/geo/house_numbering/mountain.html
but clearer via using two sides of the roads... but just putting them
all down the middle would be OK too. Yes, it would be good to avoid
depending on plugins.
In fact just a bunch of dots along the center of the road would be fine,
which then I suppose I could hack the .qgs file to add labels to with a
perl script which I thankfully know how to write. I'll just remind the
government workers to remember odd goes on the left, etc.