[Qgis-user] regularly spaced address markers on alternating side of road

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 28 23:19:25 PDT 2016

Hi Dan,

Interesting problem.

Are these regularly spaced or should they appear at given vertices of
the input vector line?

I was thinking that maybe one could use a marker line, with dynamic font
markers - but unfortunately there are no "per feature iterators" or
"counters" available in the QGIS expressions. If these would be
available, it would be an easy task.

Also, the labeling options, combined with the geometry expressions are
pretty powerful and dynamic, but again - without iterators ...

Geometry generators also come to my mind, but again - without iterators
in QGIS expressions we are blocked.

I am forwarding this to the dev list to see if someone has an idea - of
course with Python there would be options ...

Andreas