[Qgis-user] Issue with W10 & GPS

João Gaspar joao.f.r.gaspar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 06:47:11 PDT 2016

Hi Brice,

Hi team,

> Complementary information : user has installed latest 2.14.3 Version +
> OSGeo4W.
>

> Hi,
>

> One of my customer using QGIS on a Dell Rugged material has some issues.
> Running on a W10 OS.
>

> We would like to know is the “MAP” native option in W10 has to be
> compulsory turned on ?
>

> Problem is quite simple : GPS is working properly (we have a GPS signal on
> the screen) but unfortunately, not sending any position and not moving when
> user is physically moving.

What happen when you click the button Connect in the Information GPS Panel?
Is connected successfully (green state)?

Did you have more than an app in system accessing to the GPS port?

In my case, GPS port work per app, if you need more then one app using GPS
port you need to clone the port with app like localizer (
https://www.centrafuse.com/us/newproducts) or gpsgate (
http://gpsgate.com/products/gpsgate_client)

I hope this help.

Regards