[Qgis-user] GDAL/OGR : different compiled/running versions

Thomas Williamson wiltoma at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 12:46:06 PST 2016

Thank you Andre! I managed to follow these steps:

   1. sudo apt-get purge -auto--remove qgis
   2. sudo apt-get clean
   3. sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
   4. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable
   5. sudo apt-get update
   6. sudo apt-get install qgis python-qgis qgis-plugin-grass

This installed QGIS 2.8 on my machine, BUT the compiled / running GDAL/OGR
versions are now both 1.11.2 and Heatmaps plugin is showing the output
format drop-down list!

This is nearly perfect then, except that I lost the last up-to-date QGIS
version. Would you know what I could have missed to start back to QGIS 2.8?

Thanks again!

Thomas