[Qgis-user] GDAL/OGR : different compiled/running versions

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Mar 2 22:51:31 PST 2016

Am 02.03.2016 um 21:46 schrieb Thomas Williamson:
> Thank you Andre! I managed to follow these steps:
>

>     1. sudo apt-get purge -auto--remove qgis
>     2. sudo apt-get clean
>     3. sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
>     4. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable
>     5. sudo apt-get update
>     6. sudo apt-get install qgis python-qgis qgis-plugin-grass
>
> This installed QGIS 2.8 on my machine, BUT the compiled / running GDAL/OGR
> versions are now both 1.11.2 and Heatmaps plugin is showing the output
> format drop-down list!
>
> This is nearly perfect then, except that I lost the last up-to-date QGIS
> version. Would you know what I could have missed to start back to QGIS 2.8?

I guess you installed everything from ubuntugis now. But the latest QGIS
is only available from qgis.org.

Check out
https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu
and add "deb http://qgis.org/ubuntugis trusty main" to your repositories.

Note that "ppa ubuntugis unstable" and "qgis.org with ubuntugis
dependencies" are two different ways to install.

HTH,
André Joost