[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.14 with MS SQL Server

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 17:08:13 PST 2016

On 4 Mar 2016 11:58 AM, "Martin Bain" <Martin.Bain at lismore.nsw.gov.au>
wrote:

> Is anyone using QGIS 2.14 with MS SQL Server?  I just upgraded from 2.12
to 2.14 and encountered some very strange behaviours.

Yes, there was a bug in 2.14. It's been fixed in master and will be
included in 2.14.1 when it's released.

Nyall

> These include: Whole columns of data displaying as NULL in the attribute
table (even though there are no nulls in the table in SQL Server).

> And:  Numeric strings in text fields being treated as numbers.  For
example I have a text field in a record that contains the string “2.0”
(without the inverted commas) but it is being displayed as “2” in the
attribute table, the info tool and as a label.  I tried to edit the text by
retyping “2.0” but when I tabbed out of the textbox it was converted to
“2”. The layer properties show the field type as QString.

> I have only had the chance to test it on one machine so far, so I don’t
want generate unnecessary noise posting a bug report if it is just my
machine that has a problem.

> So, is anyone here successfully using QGIS 2.14 and SQL Server (2008)?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Martin.
>

> This email is intended for the named recipient only. The information it
contains may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you
must not reproduce or distribute any part of this email, disclose its
contents to any other party or take any action in reliance on it. If you
have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately
and delete the message.