[Qgis-user] R in QGIS on OSX using Kyngchaos build

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Mar 5 08:42:37 PST 2016

Sorry I didn't reply to your earlier email.

I think it depends on how your scripts interact with R.  I have an R plugin for the GDAL framework.  I also have an R plugin for the GEOS framework, but that's for an old version of R.

You can run R scripts from the Processing plugin, but I don't know how that links R and QGIS data unless it's through GDAL.

There is also rpy2 for using R from python, supposed to be a simple instal with pip, but requires Xcode tools to compile.  I have a package for an old R version, but I could update it.