[Qgis-user] fields are not updated with calculated field values in QGIS 2.14

Roy Marsh roymarsh11 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 12:01:13 PST 2016

Hi
As a relative newcomer I have been working through the QGIS 2.14 training
manual. Section 4.3.3 explains how to add calculated values using the Field
Calculator.
But when I do this ..(the examples are from 2.8 but the same procedure
seems to apply to 2.14)..  the value stays as 0. It does this whatever
parameters I try. It does this for both 'new field' and 'update field.' It
does this even if layers are reprojected to UTM 34S (so as to show area in
metres, not degrees).
Is this a bug?
Thanks
Roy