[Qgis-user] R in QGIS on OSX using Kyngchaos build

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Mar 5 12:33:18 PST 2016

I've been meaning to play with this too. I assumed it used rpy2 but
maybe that is not the case.

Looking at
https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/training_manual/processing/r_intro.html
https://docs.qgis.org/2.8/en/docs/user_manual/processing/3rdParty.html

There's nothing about external dependencies other than having R and
configuring the path to the binary.

The pages do however list the author of that module, Matteo Ghetta

I poked into the processing source code:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/r/RUtils.py

And it looks like it sends R scripts out as R CMD via python's system
call methods, so like calling R on the command-line.

Maybe moving this over to the developer list will get a more formal
response, with better troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Alex