[Qgis-user] Reading CAD documents in QGIS

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Mar 15 01:13:12 PDT 2016

Hi John,

Whatever DXF/DWG version libdxfrw supports - I assume that
https://sourceforge.net/projects/libdxfrw/ is the more up-to-date
information.

It is important to note that

- currently we are not targetting DGN (as originally planned), since
libdxfrw only supports DXF/DWG and not DGN. Teigha supports both.

- It will be an open effort and not every feature/property of the DWG
format will be supported. If necessary and successfull in its first
iteration, there could be a second round of improvements, if there is
interest.

Andreas