[Qgis-user] CAD import project funding state

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Mar 16 01:23:59 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I'd like to inform about the CAD import project funding state.

Please see
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0h3PAH5uoY6c2hHTlBvWjdqQTQ/view?usp=sharing
for project details.

Jürgen will try to base the work on libdxfrw (GPL2+ based) instead of
Teigha, to avoid licensing issues and regular payments toward the ODA
(Open Design Alliance). DGN won't be supported, as it isn't supported by
libdxfrw.

The whole project will cost 32k EUR out of which 28.5 k EUR are already
confirmed. So we are still missing 3.5k EUR.

Please contact me off-list if you are interested in this functionality
and able to contribute.

Thank you,

Andreas