[Qgis-user] CAD import project funding state

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Mar 16 03:41:46 PDT 2016

Hi,

The good news is that the CAD import project is now fully funded. One of
the existing funders stepped in to cover the rest.

If you are still interested in helping to fund CAD related QGIS
projects, we will also come up with a related proposal to make a vector
georeferencer part of QGIS core. Many CAD files aren't properly
georeferenced and it would be a useful side-project to offer a
user-friendly tool to georeference existing QGIS vector layers.

I know that a plugin already exists - but this should really be a core
tool in QGIS. One tool to georeference both vector and raster files.

Thanks,

Andreas