[Qgis-user] Reading SEG-Y files

Szilard Albert szilard.albert at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 02:17:38 PDT 2016

Hello,

I would be very much interested in segy read and display ability. I am also
able to read in a segy file, and plot a line map,

and using any other available header (labelling for example).

But I am not sure if the trace data itself is being read. During the load,
I am prompted to select between LayerID=0 (named myfile), and LayerID=1
(myfile_header).

It looks like LayerID=0 has the actual trace headers, while LayerID=1 has
the binary headers. We might need to expect another layer ID for the time
series (trace data)?

Once that successful, I would be interested in creating profiles of various
trace headers and displaying arbitrary lines to check intersections.

Please share your achievements on the issue.

Regards,
Szilard