[Qgis-user] 1-Many relation with spatial child layer

Thomas Colley it087 at neath-porttalbot.gov.uk
Sun Mar 20 04:46:50 PDT 2016

Hi

I have used the excellent QGIS relations to set up a custom form on a road layer (parent, lines) and defects (child, points).

Is there any way to access spatial tools for the child record. For example, I would love to have a zoom to feature button for the child record and instead of the plus button to add a new record (attributes only) I would like to have a button to capture a new point on the child layer.

Failing that, is there a method in Python to access the current child record? I have had to add the child form as a standard widget in QT designer as it crashes whenever I try and add the custom QgsRelationReference widget. If I could access the attributes/geom of the child record from the main form I could create the buttons I need.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Tom