[Qgis-user] creating a python plugin to autopopulate some of the Georeferencer properties

Eric Goddard egoddard1010 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:49:05 PDT 2016

Hi All,

I'm working on a project that involves georeferencing many historic
images. We'll have several people working in tandem, so to speed
things up and reduce errors I'd like to create a qgis python plugin
that, based on the source folder they select, auto populates the gdal
transformation settings such as the transformation type, resampling
method, target srs, output image and report paths.

I'm having some trouble working through the QGIS API documentation
though; does anyone know if it is possible to launch the georeferencer
window and set some of the transformation settings from python? So far
I've only been able to find examples of opening a processing tool's
GUI from python.

Thanks!
Eric