[Qgis-user] qgis 2.14 dont start grass

criquet edouardgouyon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:05:32 PDT 2016

Hi,
I had the same problem last week.
The solution that worked for me (win7 64)
- qgis 2.12 with grass 6 (last version) installed
- qgis 2.14 with grass 7 installed
- in the preferences of the processing tools of essen, go to grass 6 options
first, then to grass 7 options
- so first in the grass 6 options ensure that grass 6 app and msys folder
links are ok (if it.s not ok, they are both located in program files/qgis
lyon/.../grass6)
- then in the grass 7 options, make the same : That is verifying that grass
7 link is correctly set... but this time you will notice that there is no
link to msys already set. This is because it's not installed by grass 7 as
it should be. And this is the reason why grass tolls doesn.t work. So you
can to repair this bug by setting the link to grass 6 msys folder (instead
of grass 7 !!) stored inside qgis lyon folder in program files.

I had to make several tests before finding this solution, so I have
uninstalled both qgis versions then reinstalled it in the good direction, i
mean 12 with grass 6 before 14 with grass 7. maybe it.s not necessary.
You can try directly without uninstallling both if you have it already
installed, but if it doesn't work you can erase all: uninstall + delete
manually all 'qgis' keys in regedit (with regedit search tool).

Well, if it works for you as for me, you will notice that you will be able
to  use grass 6 and grass 7 tools :) !
hope it will helps