[Qgis-user] qgis 2.14 dont start grass

h hdixon at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 24 21:12:25 PDT 2016

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 22:56:32 -0400
Azzurra Lentini <azzurralentini at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
--snip--
> Until I was using last version 2.12 it was ok but since I installed
> the 2.14 .. the grass instruments are not anymore working..
>
> I cleaning and again cleaning my computer with ccleaner, but till
> now.. I cant use grass!!

> > Hi,
> > my qgis 2.14 from install offline or from osgeo4w 32bit
> > will not start any toold from grass.
> > It report always this message:
> >
> > ----
> > Missing dependency. This algorithm cannot be run :-(
> >
> > GRASS GIS 7 folder is not configured. Please configure it before
> > running GRASS GIS 7 algorithms.
> > ----
> >
> > I try the standalone install version 2.14 or 2.12.
> > I try also the 2.14 from osgeo4w.
> >
> > Is this confirmed or it could be a local problem of my window pc ?
> >
> > Thx.
> >
> > --

I mostly use Linux, but installed qgis 2.14 on a windows machine.  I
have been using qgis 2.12 on this machine, so it works.
When I installed qgis 2.14 the anti-virus software said 1.atcorr.exe is
an infected file, and quarantined it.  (1.atcorr.exe is part of grass)
A quick web search indictaed that this is a known issue.
If you are using windows, has your 'anti-virus' stopped grass from
working?