[Qgis-user] Symbol translation problem in python plugin

Fernando M. Roxo da Motta petro at roxo.org
Sun Mar 27 11:43:08 PDT 2016

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 11:20:06 -0300, Arthur Nanni
<arthur.nanni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear partners,
>
> We are translating the Midvatten plugin to Brazilian Portuguese. At
> this moment we have overwrote the UI files into the midvatten plugin
> folder to do a review of terms and sentences. In this procedure we
> have verified that some characters used in Brazilian Portuguese are
> wrong represented (attached). Someone knows how to solve this problem?

  Hi all,

  I am Brazilian, then interested part. ;

  Those strange characters you see are typical of LATIN-1 (ISO8859-1)
encoded text viewed in UTF-8 environment.  In order to see those
correctly you must:

- Convert your environment to ISO8859-1.

or

- Convert that the text to UTF-8.

  The conversion to UTF-8 in Linux environment can be none with the
command:

$ iconv -f iso8859-1 -t utf8 txt_pt_BR-iso.ts > txt_pt_BR-utf.ts

  Do not forget to change the encoding in the XML tag at the start of
file.

  HTH

> The next step is to upload the Midvatten plugin to QGIS official
> plugins repository. Directions to do this are welcome.
>
> Cheers.

  Roxo

--
---------------- Non luctari, ludare -------------------+ WYSIWYG