[Qgis-user] First public release of Elevation, SRTM 30m global DEM easy management

Alessandro Amici a.amici at bopen.eu
Wed Mar 30 06:31:50 PDT 2016

Nicolas,

the main product managed by Elevation is the global NASA/NGA 30m SRTM:

https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/dataset_discovery/measures/measures_products_table/SRTM1_v003

which is "void-free global one-arcsecond (~30m) DEM" as per your link. My
best guess is that it is already delivers the product described in your
link, just under a different name.

In any case the low level driver is a written as a Makefile and I already
support both 30m and 90m product from two different providers in the same
script. As long as other DEM products are freely accessible as tile the
tools is easily extended.

Thanks for the head up,
Alessandro

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 at 15:23 Nicolas Cadieux <nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I haven't look at the link yet but it looks interesting.  Before investing
> more time and energy for the Qgis plugin, I would call JPL at NASA to find
> out how the next version of the SRTMs (NASADem) will be distributed.  I
> imagine the data it downloaded from the various NASA FTP services?  If so
> this could become obsolete very quickly: ( if it's incompatible with the
> distribution system of the next SRTM  version that should be launch in June.
>
> Cheers
>
> Nicolas
> On Mar 30, 2016 8:38 AM, "Paolo Cavallini [via OSGeo.org] " <[hidden
> email] <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5258820&i=0>> wrote:
>
> Il 30/03/2016 14:49, Alessandro Amici ha scritto:
>
> > A colleague of mine can write QGIS plugins, I'll try to get some
> > sponsorship from my company to make it happen. Any help is obviously
> > welcome!
>
> Glad you liked it. I'm avaliable for testing and advice.
> All the best.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

> here.
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id&%2361;instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base&%2361;nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs&%2361;notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>"
> style="font:9px serif">NAML

Alessandro Amici <a.amici at bopen.eu>
CTO at B-Open Solutions - http://www.bopen.eu/
Viale Palmiro Togliatti, 1639 - 00155 Roma - tel: +39 06 8370 8269