[Qgis-user] [QGIS LTR] GPS Information Module

João Gaspar joao.f.r.gaspar at gmail.com
Tue May 3 03:20:48 PDT 2016

Hi guys,

Tablet Rugged:
[SO]: Windows 10 64 bits
[Installer]: OsGeo Installer 64 bits QGIS 2.8.6 LTR

can anyone confirm this behavior (in newest versions LTR) with GPS
Information module of QGIS:

Create and save empty shapefile save with project coordinate system;

Enable GPS and wait to fix the signal;

1.º bug:
When Toggle Edition and confirm if the button of add track point control is
disable.

The workaround of my version QGIS Wien 2.8.6 LTR is activate and deactivate
the Automatically add point

2.º bug:
If you create a polygon with a different coordinate system for collection
data, the qgis uses the last vertex of closing polygon with the coordinate
system wgs84 and create a strange polygon.

The workaround of my version QGIS Wien 2.8.6 LTR is collect in wgs84 and
then reproject layer

Can anyone confirm this bugs in the LTR 2.8.9?

If is a bug i can open 2 tickets (for the last point of close polygon and
the button)

I also have 3 feature request (if not exists):
- In polygon mode, put vertex marker in the collect GPS position, sometimes
is difficult understand if we pin the gps position.
- a button to delete the last vertex collect (workaround is open the
keyboard on tablet and click backspace).
- On click of add control point create a shadow or change color to confirm
to the user thank we collect the gps position (in the field with the high
sun some times is difficult understand if we click or not in the button)

I think this features request can be reported as well in QGIS-UX because i
think this is more User Experience, but i wait for feedbacks.

Best Regards
João