[Qgis-user] Polygon merge/divide problem

Sarah Gregg lynkosmail at gmail.com
Wed May 4 12:33:27 PDT 2016

Hello everyone. I'm having problems digitalising a map of zones in a nature
reserve. I have one very large complex polygon which I can't either divide
or merge with other polygons. I have run a validity test and corrected the
couple of errors it found, but still no luck.
When I try and divide it, I'm told it still has errors and I need to repair
it first. When I try to merge it, whatever polygon I try and merge with it
is simply deleted!
Anyone any ideas of what I could try? I'm on Windows 8.1 and I've tried
both QGIS 2.8.1 and 2.14.1.
Many thanks, Sarah.

*Sarah Gregg*
immagini - parole - territorio - natura