[Qgis-user] Connect lines in Geoserver

emmexx emmexx at tiscalinet.it
Tue May 10 03:41:42 PDT 2016

On 05/10/2016 10:40 AM, emmexx wrote:
> I enable snapping, create the line, add the points and snap the starting
> and ending nodes to other lines, then I save.
> If I try to move the connecting node in qgis, both lines move.
> But when I check on geoserver the 2 lines are not connected (I use that
> layer for routing). I exported the layer data to josm and even there I
> see that the lines are not connected.

Upon further investigation I found out the problem arises from the
number of significant digits of the nodes.

The node pre-existing in the layer has coordinates:

POINT(9.9145925045 45.6483308807)

The connected node in the newly created line has coordinates:

POINT(9.9145925 45.64833088)

Why is that? If I snap a node in an existing node, shouldn't the same
coordinates be used?

	maxx

p.s. the coordinates shown are extracted using
select ST_AsText(geom) from
(select (ST_DumpPoints(g.geom)).* from...