[Qgis-user] Shapefiles with all numeric attribute names don't classify right?

Ian Turton ijturton at gmail.com
Tue May 10 06:26:41 PDT 2016

I have a shapefile with a bunch of attributes called 1980,1990,2000, etc to
represent the years the data is for. They are integers (if that matters)
but when I try to use them in a Qgis (2.14.2-Essen) the styler recognises
them as numeric but when I try to produce a graduated style all the classes
are  set to -2147483648 - -2147483648. If I rename the attribute to
1980_inc or inc1980 the classifier is happy and everything works as I
expect.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

Ian

--
Ian Turton