[Qgis-user] QGIS project with no projection

simonc8 simoncrombie at onetel.com
Wed May 11 02:07:11 PDT 2016

Thanks for all the responses.

I've tried the various suggestions but can't get my tiff to import properly
without specifying a projection. Even following the steps suggested in Lee
Hachadoorian's post the tiff imports and appears to show the correct units
in the information bar but when I measure distances using the Measure tool
these are nothing like what they should be.

Incidentally a geotiff doesn't necessarily have any projection information -
if you have a .tif file and an accompanying .tfw file it will merely
register the image using the coordinates specified in the .tfw file with no
information about what these refer to.