[Qgis-user] Survey Feet vs International Feet

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Thu May 12 13:05:56 PDT 2016

The units used by QGIS are dependent upon the spatial reference system
used.  Some use the US Survey Foot, some the International foot and some
meters.

Here is an article which includes some history of the difference between
the US Survey foot and the International foot:

    http://www.globalcogo.com/US-Survey-Ft.pdf

*Worth Lutz*