[Qgis-user] features that represent TWO attributes

Stephen Sacks sacks44 at earthlink.net
Thu May 12 16:27:46 PDT 2016

I'm trying to create a layer with features that reflect two attributes.
I want each point to be marked by a circle whose (1) color reflects its
type (city, town, or suburb), and whose (2) size reflects its population.
   From layer properties, I first select Style and choose "Categorized"
based on column "Type."  This gives me circles with different colors for
different types.  Then I choose "Graduated" based on column
"Population."  This gives me circles with different sizes.
Unfortunately, setting the sizes wipes out the different colors.  I've
tried setting the sizes first, but then setting the colors wipes out the
different sizes.  How do I set both size and color ?
    I'm using QGIS 2.14.1 on Windows 7.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve