[Qgis-user] features that represent TWO attributes

Junior delazj at gmail.com
Fri May 13 09:12:51 PDT 2016

Hi Steve,
Let's take the single symbol renderer http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/vector_properties.html#single-symbol-renderer (also linked in the previous text I sent), the data-defined override button is the figure available after "width" spinbox in the screenshot. And this set of options in the right is the so called "upper level", when the upper symbol in the left panel is being selected. The place where you find the size assistant. If I'm not wrong, for point features, the option to use is called "size" not "width".

Note that in your case, you want to do a multivariate analysis....

To go further:
Given that there are some generic structure in the way Qgis handles features styling, the doc is organized in a way to be less redundant (for readers and translators), so for a beginner you may need to follow the links mentioned in the text to build the whole picture (don't worry, no need to read all the doc :) ), namely:
- the two already shown
- http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/style_library.html#the-symbol-selector

Ask if you need more precision...

Envoyé depuis mon HTC