[Qgis-user] desperately needing help on QGIS server

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Mon May 16 06:24:08 PDT 2016

Hi,
Nice to know you got it going and got your smile back. I know... I have been there many times... :)
Cheers!
Nicolas
On May 16, 2016 4:32 AM, "Kuan Song [via OSGeo.org]" <ml-node+s1560n5266596h37 at n6.nabble.com> wrote:

	Hi Nicolas, Thank you. I came across a QGIS plugin called QGIS2web. It solved my needs, along with QGIS server and Apache. Basically it worked through openlayers. So basically I want to broadcast a map project over the internet where my colleagues across the country could view and play with in their firefox/chrome browsers without any other software/steps. To do that, now I have 2 QGIS desktop projects. Project A includes the data layers. It is placed in the cgi-bin directory for QGIS server. Project B add the data layers from Project A through WMS. Then, project B is processed by QGIS2Web to produce a website, whose files I copied into /var/www/html for Apache. Then, on other computers, just type in the IP address of the server, a beautiful map project is shown. I hope this short description is useful to other newbies like me who had never before configured Apache or Openlayers or QGIS server. :D Some time later, when my project is complete, I'll write a detailed how-to with screenshots. And my hat off to everyone who helped me along the way. _______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user Unsubscribe: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user

		http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/desperately-needing-help-on-QGIS-server-tp5265974p5266596.html

		To start a new topic under Quantum GIS - User, email ml-node+s1560n4125267h38@n6.nabble.com
		To unsubscribe from Quantum GIS - User, click here .
		NAML