[Qgis-user] desperately needing help on QGIS server

Kuan Song songkuan at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 01:45:47 PDT 2016

Hi Nicolas,
Thank you.
I came across a QGIS plugin called QGIS2web. It solved my needs, along with QGIS server and Apache. Basically it worked through openlayers.

So basically I want to broadcast a map project over the internet where my colleagues across the country could view and play with in their firefox/chrome browsers without any other software/steps.
To do that, now I have 2 QGIS desktop projects.Project A includes the data layers. It is placed in the cgi-bin directory for QGIS server.Project B add the data layers from Project A through WMS. Then, project B is processed by QGIS2Web to produce a website, whose files I copied into /var/www/html for Apache.
Then, on other computers, just type in the IP address of the server, a beautiful map project is shown.
I hope this short description is useful to other newbies like me who had never before configured Apache or Openlayers or QGIS server. :D
Some time later, when my project is complete, I'll write a detailed how-to with screenshots.

And my hat off to everyone who helped me along the way.