[Qgis-user] desperately needing help on QGIS server

Nicolas Boisteault boisteault at observatoire-environnement.org
Mon May 16 00:50:27 PDT 2016

Hi Kuan,

You won't have the layers displayed in your browser until you write some
GetMap requests by hand.
To test your server,you have to use a client which could be QGIS
desktop. Use the add WMS layer functionnality and use your WMS Server
adress : http://localhost:81/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=pudong.qgs
<http://localhost:81/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=pudong.qgs&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3&REQUEST=GetProjectSettings>
You can also install QGIS Web client for this purpose.

When everything will be ok for you, you could edit documentation and add
information lacking for newbies.

Nicolas BOISTEAULT
Développeur Web
Observatoire Régional de l'Environnement
Téléport 4 Antarès - BP 50163 - 86962 Futuroscope Chasseneuil Cedex
Tél : 05 49 49 71 18