[Qgis-user] map composer duplicates show in list but are not opened, unless .qgs is manually edited to set visible=0 in <Composer title> line (2.14)

Andrea Giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Wed May 18 02:34:46 PDT 2016

Hi -

I created a duplicate in the composer manager.

the duplicate gets shown in the map list, but if I click on "show" it no
map gets opened.

I went to check the .qgs file and noted that the maps that are created as
duplicates are assigned a visible=1 tag in the <Composer title> line, while
other maps which were created independently (not as duplicates), have
visible=0

if I manually change the visible=1 to visible=0 in the <Composer title>
line corresponding to the beginning of a duplicate map, when I re-open the
project, the map composition is regularly displayed when I press the "show"
button.

...am I missing something in the composition duplication process? (with
QGIS 2.14 on ubuntu 14.04)

TIA for any feedback, and best regards

Andrea Giacomelli
http://www.pibinko.org