[Qgis-user] Label Formatting - Wrap on character with "wordwrap"

Burghardt.Scholle at stadt.wolfsburg.de Burghardt.Scholle at stadt.wolfsburg.de
Wed May 18 04:09:54 PDT 2016

Hi all,

my System: Ubuntu 14.04, QGIS 2.8.7 / 2.14.2

I want label a layer with long attribute values. The label should wrap after a number of characters. For this I use the function "wordwarp" in the expression string builder (e.g. "wordwrap("name", 15)"). In the output preview the wordwrap is displayed correctly. But in the map all the words with less than (e.g.) 15 characters will be hidden and the wordwrap will not be displayed.
Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone give me a hint?

Best regards
Burghardt

Stadt Wolfsburg
Geschäftsbereich IT - 15-3 GIS
Rathaus E, Zi. E403, Porschestraße 47A, D-38440 Wolfsburg
Tel +49 5361 28-2531
Fax +49 5361 28-1765
mailto:burghardt.scholle at stadt.wolfsburg.de