[Qgis-user] How does QGIS read a large WFS completely?

Hernán De Angelis dhdeangelis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 02:39:30 PDT 2017

Hi

I am curious to understand how reading large WFS services is implemented in
QGIS.

The reason is that I am doing some experiments with data that require
performing statistics over a large dataset that is offered as WFS. The
server has a limit of 1000 features on every call, but the dataset has a
total over 15000 features. I want to write a script that will download the
whole dataset but met the difficulty of not knowing how to handle the
server side feature limit in a reasonable way.

I see that QGIS has no problems importing the whole thing into a GML and
wanted to understand how this is implemented. I perused parts of the code
but could not find the relevant section. Can someone point to me in which
part of the code this problem is solved?

Thanks in advance

Hernán