[Qgis-user] QGIS ignore the cpg files when loading shapefiles ?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Dec 29 04:58:26 PST 2017

On 29-12-17 13:12, Tobias Wendorff wrote:
> Am Fr, 29.12.2017, 13:02 schrieb Richard Duivenvoorde:
>>
>> So the project is leading
>
> Then the setting is in the wrong place. In QGIS3, it's an application
> wide setting, not a project setting.

Hi Tobias,

Sorry. You are right. I was just echoing my interpretation of Paolo's email.

It seems a indeed an application setting:
 /qgis/ignoreShapeEncoding
used here:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/providers/ogr/qgsogrprovider.cpp#L433

In desktop defaulting to true:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/app/qgsoptions.cpp#L644

I'm not familiar with how the settings/environment are created for the
server.

Depending the view on being it a project setting, or a application
setting, it should be, or NOT be in the project file.
BUT if not be in the project file, there is maybe a way (via custom
settings?) to put this kind of stuff in the environment?

In 3.0 and 2.18 I changed the value to false, but could not find
anything in the project file.

I think we should try to define this clearly:
- should we define it a project or a application
(?? is one server one application??) setting
- where does the 'settings' come from for a freshly started qgisserver.
(as normally you do not use the same server machine on which you run
desktop)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde