[Qgis-user] qgis 2.18.3 not installing on win 10

Michael.Dodd michael.dodd at open.ac.uk
Sun Feb 26 14:01:16 PST 2017

I tried uninstalling and installing again using the stand alone installer.  This gave the same error so I uninstalled it.

Then I tried the OSGEO4W installer but it did not install exactly where I asked it to, instead it made its own directory on Y (Y:\osgeo_download). It did start up once but after that it failed to start and instead gave the same error about missing .dll's even though they were present.  I think I had a problem similar to this several qgis versions ago but it was then resolved, now the issue seems to be back.

This is the \QGIS 2.18\bin\qgis.bat file:

@echo off
call "%~dp0\o4w_env.bat"
@echo off
path %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\qgis\bin;%PATH%
set QGIS_PREFIX_PATH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT:\=/%/apps/qgis
set GDAL_FILENAME_IS_UTF8=YES
rem Set VSI cache to be used as buffer, see #6448
set VSI_CACHE=TRUE
set VSI_CACHE_SIZE=1000000
set QT_PLUGIN_PATH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\qgis\qtplugins;%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\qt4\plugins
start "QGIS" /B "%OSGEO4W_ROOT%"\bin\qgis-bin.exe %*

and this is the directory where the relevant .dll's are Y:\osgeo_download\apps\qgis\bin
but it says they are missing even though they are present in this directory.