[Qgis-user] Moving selected feature to the top of attribute table does not seem to work in 2.18.7

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Thu May 18 01:12:57 PDT 2017

fixed during the hackfest on current 2.18 code (you have to wait for
2.18.8... or update to the latest 2.18 code not the tagged release
version)
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/4306
and 3.0
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/4444

btw there are some simple workaround to fix temporarly waiting the patch release

workaround 1) in the attribute table, apply a sort on some column =>
apply sortOnTop
workaround 2) in your project xml file you should have a tag as:
<attributetableconfig ... sortOrder="<someValue>" >
in your case <someValue> is something different from 0 (Ascending) or
1 (Descending)... fix it and sortOnTop will be back :)
btw, pelase let me knwo what value is in <someValue>, because is not
clear who's set it to a strange value (probably the composer)

cheers
Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
* https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition